Affirmations are positive statements that describe a desired situation, and which are repeated many times, in order to impress the subconscious mind and trigger it into positive action. In order to ensure the effectiveness of the affirmations, they have to be repeated with attention, conviction, interest and desire.
When using affirmations you should read or recite out loud each affirmation you are working on at least 8 to 10 times throughout a day. (You may find it is much more effective to recite them out loud) Many people also find it helpful to write our their affirmations daily and many do it it numerous times throughout the day.
My personal favorite is taping my affirmations (that I am currently focusing on) to my bathroom mirror. I find that I can't forget about them as I am getting ready to begin my day and I am sure to also recite them again as my day is winding down and I am preparing for bed. Give it a try its hard to miss them.
Your affirmation can be about anything you need to change and/or improve in you life. When you use your affirmation it is also best to personalize it by including your name in your affirmation.
Here are some that you can use and personalize to fit your needs:
1. I, your name, am okay even when I am scared.
2. I, ____________, am a worthwhile person.
3. I, ____________, am important.
4. I, ____________, am good enough.
5. I, ____________, am okay.
6. I, ____________, am lovable.
7. I, ____________, am attractive.
8. I, ____________, am intelligent.
9. I, ____________, am creative and intuitive.
10. I, ____________, am competent and talented.
11. I, ____________, am a good person.
12. I, ____________, am wanted and I belong.
13. I, ____________, trust my decisions.
14. I, ____________, accept all my feelings.
15. I, ____________, am expressing my feelings in healthy ways.
16. I, ____________, am releasing my anger into a pillow and others and I are safe.
17. I, ____________, forgive myself for all my mistakes.
18. I, ____________, am forgiving others for all their mistakes.
19. I, ____________, am saying "no" and I am okay.
20. I, ____________, am self-caring and I am there for others.
This is just a small handful of affirmations that will help you get started. Take 15 or 20 minutes right now and start making out your list of affirmations. Choose 1 or 2 that you feel are the most important to you and focus on those until they become a reality.
Have a confident and positive day!