Happiness Quotes!

Here are some happiness quotes to kick off the weekend with. May you all have a happy and joyful weekend!

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx

The amount of happiness that you have depends on the amount of freedom you have in your heart.
Thich Nhat Hanh

Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness is never stopping to think if you are.
Palmer Sondreal


Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy.  
Cynthia Nelms


Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open. 
John Barrymore


Often people attempt to live their lives backwards; they try to have more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want, so they will be happier.  The way it actually works is the reverse.  You must first be who you really are, then do what you need to do, in order to have what you want. 
Margaret Young  (one of my all time personal favorites, jd)

We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.  
Frederick Keonig


The best vitamin to be a happy person is B1.  
Author Unknown

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. 
Abraham Lincoln




Have a happy one!

br /> The Little Manual of Happiness – 7 Simple Steps to a Joyful Life
JD

Share |

2 comments:

  1. Hey JD
    How are things coming along? I really resonate well with this quote "The amount of happiness that you have depends on the amount of freedom you have in your heart."
    Thich Nhat Hanh

    Having this freedom of heart comes from being self aware, and going inward. Excelelnt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Baker,

    I am happy that you love that quote. And your assessment of it is so very true. Self awareness gives us that option to choose our thoughts and our happiness.

    May you have a blessed and happy day!

    JD

    By the way, things are great!!!! Thanks again for stopping by and sharing your thoughts. It is always nice to see your comments.

    ReplyDelete