Smiles are free :)


Today as I was waiting to get my haircut I noticed a young girl of 8 or 9 who was with her father who was also waiting to get his hair cut wearing a t-shirt that said Smiles Are Free. This of course made me smile and I began to take notice of the others around me and they were all smiling.

As I was sitting there waiting I thought how great it would be if smiling was a disease and if everyone that came in contact with a smile contracted it and spread it to many others and what a great world we would live in.

Then it struck me, smiles are a contagious disease! And it only takes 14 muscles to smile while it takes 72 muscles to frown.

A smile costs nothing but gives much. It enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give. It takes but a moment, but the memory of it sometimes lasts forever. None is so rich or mighty that he cannot get along without it and none is so poor that he cannot be made rich by it. Yet a smile cannot be bought, begged, borrowed, or stolen, for it is something that is of no value to anyone until it is given away. Some people are too tired to give you a smile. Give them one of yours, as none needs a smile so much as he who has no more to give. ~Author Unknown


Wow I hope this is one disease they never cure!

Give someone a smile today and watch it spread.

Have a confident and positive day.

JD

Discover How to Control the One Thing that Means More to Your Accomplishments and Happiness than Anything Else ... Your Attitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment